Eazy Money - Goog Day Mate!

|
Squeeze those shorties!
...

$210 and counting. Simply amazing. There is the +/- $20 I was looking for.

I showed my coworkers our blog site. After reading my "Eazy Money" posts

Coworkers: " Dude, did you misspell GOOD? "
Eazy: " ... "
Updated 04:15PM

Let her ride boys...
GOOG beats estimates by a dime! (87c vs. 77c) Consequently, the stock is up a cool $12 and counting. It should be interested to see how much it will move above $200. My Feb 200 call would look pretty darn good right about now! Too bad I didn't have any cash available. It is fast approaching the 52 week high of $205+.

This could lead to a good opening tomorrow.
Updated 01:30PM

GOOG Watch
Wow... The homebuilders sector is on fire today. Most of the key stocks are setting new 52-week highs. Many of them are 50-100% up from their August low (KBH, HOV, PHM, RYL, LEN, SPF, TOL and CTX). Good thing I didn't try to short them!

For the internet sector, nothing good is happening. YHOO, GOOG, ASKJ are all down before GOOG's big earning announcement. I expect GOOG to beat the consensus of 77c, but by how much -- I have no clue. The premiums are quite high on the options (both puts and calls) to make me comfortable. The stock would have to do something drastic either direction +/- $20 to make any strangle/straddle work. If the stock drops to 190, I may consider buying some calls, like the Feb 200.

As for my own stocks, YHOO is getting hammered. I guess people are expecting a bad report for GOOG. AAPL and PNC are both up less than 1%, but it's nothing to quit my day job over. The surprise mover is INTC, up almost 1% today. It has been frustrating (and VERY costly) to see INTC give out positive announcements one after another, but still hovers below $25.

P.S. If GOOG beats soundly, we should see some sweet short squeezies tonight. Stay tuned.
Posted 10:30AM

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.