Eazy Money - Split That Apple!

|
Nice to split you
Took a little break yesterday. After the small crash the last two days, I wanted to re-evaluate my strategy. My conclusion? Don't be greedy and stick to the targets you set out to hit.

We just saw the most dramatic smack-down for weak AAPL holders. Since mid-day Wednesday, AAPL has gone from $82 to $77 on Thursday morning, and back to $81.50 today. The latest boost came on the announcment that there will be a 2-1 split happening on Feb18. Splits make the stock "appear" cheaper, which tends to draw alot of attention.

I finally took some actions today. I sold my Feb75 for $6.40 and bought Feb80 for $2.20. I wanted to maintain some exposure while keeping most of my profits. The high volatility and price should keep the premium on Feb80 from decaying rapidly into the expiration.

On an equally pleansant developement, INTC is up 45c today, closing in on $24. Being $4 in the money, the premium on my Apr20, at $3.90, was near zero. I rolled them into the Mar22.5 calls, for $1.70.

I also picked up some SBL Apr20 for 45c. This remains one of my favorite bet.
Updated 8:30AM

0 comments: