Eazy Money - Earnings Watch

|
Do I Feel Lucky?
SOHU reported in-line for the past quarter, but the stock dropped -11% after it guided down for Q1. This is setting up nicely for SINA, who reports earnings after market close today. SINA is down nicely from its high of $39 in Dec to about $27. Last quarter, after SINA reported a blow out quarter, SOHU followed with a very disappointing quarter. I am going to bet on SINA to beat estimates. I am seriously considering buying the Feb30 calls for 90c each. If the stock moves up $3 or more, I could get a double-play. Keep in mind, SNDA also reported a blow out quarter and stock did surge $5 the morning after.

On a separate note, TASR is also reporting tomorrw morning. I am too chicken to bet on this one. I rather go to Vegas and bet on Black =)
Updated 12:05PM

Happy Monday!
It's good to be back, after a tiring weekend. We have a few interesting developments today. First, Credit Suisse First Boston says TMTA is "a good fit" for AMD, sending TMTA stock up +10%. I hope it happens, I want to make my quick $1k!

URBN is up $1.34 to $44.68 this morning on slightly above average volume. Looks like investors are beginning to pay notice to this ultra-hip retail again. The stock still trades below its 52-week high of $48.47. I am almost back to even-money on my Mar45 calls.

Elsewhere, AAPL is down 22c, after being down as much as $1.34 this morning! There seems to be alot of talk about NAPS and RNWK and their flat fee subscription service.
Updated 11:30AM

0 comments: